What is Revive-V
While research suggests that sexual dysfunction is common (43% of women and 31% of men report some degree of difficulty), it is a topic that many people are hesitant or embarrassed to discuss. Fortunately, most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable. Revive-V™️ not only helps address women's sexual health concerns but also genitourinary concerns as well! Many patients may experience an increased ability to have orgasms, greater arousal from clitoral stimulation, decreased or completely resolved pain during sex, a tighter vaginal canal, and decreased or resolved overactive bladder and/or urinary incontinence!
What are the types of sexual dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction generally is classified into four categories:
- Desire disorders —lack of sexual desire or interest in sex
- Arousal disorders —inability to become physically aroused or excited
during sexual activity
- Orgasm disorders —delay or absence of orgasm (climax)
- Pain disorders — pain during intercourse
Who is affected by sexual dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction can affect any age, although it is more common in those over 40 because it is often related to a decline in health associated with aging.
What causes sexual dysfunction?
- Physical causes — Many physical and/or medical conditions can cause problems with sexual function. These conditions include diabetes, heart and vascular (blood vessel) disease, neurological disorders, hormonal imbalances, chronic diseases such as kidney or liver failure, and alcoholism and drug abuse. In addition, the side effects of some medications, including some antidepressant drugs, can affect sexual function.
- Psychological causes — These include work-related stress and anxiety, concern about sexual performance, marital or relationship problems, depression, feelings of guilt, concerns about body image, and the effects of a past sexual trauma.
The Revive-V™️ procedure is a proprietary method developed by Dr. Mary DuPont using autologous (your own) blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the vagina that may help relieve women with urinary incontinence and sexual health issues such as:
- Decreased libido (sex drive)
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Dryness (with resulting painful intercourse) from Menopause or from
Breast Cancer Treatment
- Decreased ability to orgasm
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Lichen sclerosis
- Lichen planus
- Postpartum fecal incontinence
- Chronic pain from trauma from childbirth (episiotomy scars)
- Chronic pain from mesh
- Chronic interstitial cystitis
How does this compare to the The O-Shot® (Orgasm Shot®)?
The O-Shot® (also known as the Orgasm Shot) is a nonsurgical treatment that uses a patient’s own platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to stimulate the growth of new cells in the vaginal walls and clitoris. Dr. DuPont utilizes PRF instead of PRP in her proprietary Revive-V™️ procedure.
PRF is used to address many of the same issues as PRP, but PRF releases growth factors for much longer, up to one week or more, versus PRP which releases growth factors for few hours. This means that PRF could have better longer-term benefits. The growth factors are what stimulate the stem cells to improve collagen and elastin in the skin. The platelets in PRF are thought to be more robust than those in PRP, and therefore promotes faster
PRF has several advantages over PRP. Mainly:
- It doesn’t need thrombin and anticoagulants, making it 100% natural
- It results in better healing due to its slow polymerization process, making it longer lasting
- It helps in hemostasis, the first stage of healing
- Growth factors in PRF are 3X the concentration of traditional PRP
- PRP can be combined with other treatments for even greater improvement
In some patients, Dr. DuPont will also incorporate the use of the MonaLisa Touch the Revive-V customized treatment plan. The MonaLisa Touch® is a non-invasive, safe and effective vaginal laser to help restore your vaginal health simply and painlessly.
As you age, the tissue of your vaginal wall thins and loses elasticity. The MonaLisa Touch® reinvigorates this tissue to strengthen and restore its health. She was the first in the area to implement this innovative technology for painful intercourse, genital symptoms, and lichen sclerosis and has performed over a thousand treatments.