Sexual dysfunction is common (43% of women and 31% of men report some degree of difficulty) and yet it remains a topic that many people are hesitant or embarrassed to discuss. Sexual dysfunction is more common in those over 40 because it is often related to a decline in health associated with aging.
Fortunately, most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable. Revive-V helps address women’s sexual health and genitourinary concerns. Many patients may experience an increased ability to have orgasms, greater arousal from clitoral stimulation, decreased or completely resolved pain during sex, a tighter vaginal canal, and decreased or resolved overactive bladder and/or urinary incontinence!
What Are the Types of Sexual Dysfunction?
- Desire disorders —lack of sexual interest in sex
- Recently FDA approved medications, such as Addyi (Flibanserin) and Vyleesi (Bremelanotide) the “pink Viagra,” are additional options to hormone therapy
- Arousal disorders —inability to become physically aroused during sex
- Orgasm disorders —delay or absence of orgasm (climax)
- Pain disorders — pain during intercourse
What Causes Sexual Dysfunction?
- Physical causes
- heart and vascular (blood vessel) disease
- neurological disorders
- hormonal imbalances
- chronic diseases such as kidney or liver failure
- drug abuse
- side effects of some medications, such as antidepressant drugs
- Psychological causes
- work-related stress and anxiety
- concern about sexual performance
- marital or relationship problems
- feelings of guilt
- concerns about body image
- past sexual trauma.
What Conditions Can Revive-V Improve?
The Revive-V™️ procedure is a proprietary method developed by Dr. Mary DuPont using autologous (your own) blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the vagina that may help relieve women with urinary incontinence and sexual health issues such as:
- Decreased libido (sex drive)
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Dryness from menopause or from breast cancer treatment
- Decreased ability to orgasm
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Lichen sclerosus
- Lichen planus
- Postpartum fecal incontinence
- Chronic pain from trauma from childbirth (episiotomy scars)
- Chronic pain from mesh
- Chronic interstitial cystitis
How Does the Mojo Shot Compare To the O-Shot® (Orgasm Shot®)?
The O-Shot® (also known as the Orgasm Shot) is a nonsurgical treatment that uses a patient’s own platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to stimulate the growth of new cells in the vaginal walls and clitoris. The Mojo Shot utilizes PRF instead of PRP in Dr. DuPont’s proprietary Revive-V™️ procedure.
PRF has several advantages over PRP. Mainly:
- 100% natural (no need for thrombin and anticoagulants)
- better healing due to its slow polymerization process and more robust platelets
- aids in hemostasis, the first stage of healing
- 3X the concentration of growth factors in PRF
- Releases growth factors for much longer, up to one week or more versus PRP, which releases growth factors for only a few hours.
PRP can be combined with other treatments for even greater improvement.
As you age, the vaginal wall thins and loses elasticity. To fully address all issues, Dr.DuPont may also incorporate the use of the MonaLisa Touch or the Viveve in the Revive-V customized treatment plan. The MonaLisa Touch® is a non-invasive, safe and effective vaginal laser for restoring vaginal and vulvar health simply and painlessly. Dr. DuPont was the first to implement the MonaLisa Touch in the Washington, DC area and was one of the first providers in the country area to perform vaginal laser rejuvenation for painful intercourse, genital symptoms, and lichen sclerosus. She has performed over a thousand treatments.
Viveve utilizes a unique radiofrequency technology to stimulate the body’s natural collagen formation process to improve vaginal laxity, urinary incontinence and dryness in a single office treatment. Not uncommonly, patients will choose a combination of the MonaLisa Touch for more superficial vaginal treatments, the Viveve for a deeper treatment into the vaginal muscularis, and the Mojo shot to….you guessed it…. restore their “mojo!”